Monday, April 26, 2010

25 days old

Spent most of today in tears.

Mouse's appetite is a lot less than normal. She did however eat one large meal today, so that made me feel a bit better. She had fluids and enemas twice today, and her poops have increased and that makes me feel a bit better also.

The problem is that the hard mass in her stomach seems very large to me, and I really can't imagine how it could be feces. I have a good idea how big her intestines are from the x-rays, and if her colon is swollen to be as big as this mass is, then I just have no hope! I read that if it is constipation then rubbing and massaging it might increase blood flow to the area and help. So I have been doing that as much as possible.

We go back into the vet's office tomorrow, I will show them how I have been giving enemas and fluids to make sure that I am doing it correct. I will also talk to the vet more about this mass.

I had a rat that had a tumor and the vet (different vet, different state) removed it with out a hitch and she lived another year (rats only live 3 years total, and she lived to be an old lady). So maybe if they can do surgery on a rat, maybe they can do it on a small kitten? Just trying to keep my spirits up.

Anyway, here are the pictures we took today, and the video. Mouse will twist while I am petting her so that I am rubbing her hard stomach, so that is what she is doing in the video. Also in the video are my two dogs, Kody and Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment